Saturday 23 July 2016


PATH III



Night's Spell-caster incants a whispered rune,
a clement command to light,
cloud and ether, drowning Hypnos' realm
in splintered milky quartz.

The moonflower's scent calls Her child to prayer
over a silver path of awakening
to a Temple of stillness, where silence shall
speak my entreaties, for She knows
my spirit's every waxing and waning spark.

"Cleanse my eyes, Goddess, of grey moments
overlaid with gold, every one
a little passing, bleeding Life, for to fill Death's
thirsting cup."

"Liberate the music from my own listless veins,
that I may once more revel
in the hum of the ancient's spinning wheel
and the solitary woodsman's lay."

"Lead me to that quarry of my dreams, where the
Chisel sings as it strikes the stone
and the Hammer beats Earth's rhythm;
where, several stars ago, I glimpsed
the beauty of darkness upon the verge of light."

"My heart would bleed words upon the vellum
of being, as a pulsing quill inscribe
gratitude for defeat and triumph, each crimson
stroke an invocation to Life,
each shadowy mark a tribute to Death."


© 2016 Blossoms and Brume, Starlight and Song
Lilium Candidum

Image source: MOONLIGHT SCENE
Artist: Pierre Jean Hellemans 
Source: www.artuk.org

No comments:

Post a Comment